Alumina is used as the coating for the mineral sunscreen actives. It is rated 2 (green) by the EWG meaning it has a low hazard rating. The alumina acts as a protective coating to make the actives more photostable and provide a better skin feel. It's important to note, this has nothing to do with aluminum chlorohydrate, which is the aluminum ingredient used in deodorants.
Can’t find your answer in our support center? Contact us directly.
Articles in this section
- FAQs on New Look & New Reef-Safe Formulas
- What is the shelf life of your products?
- Supergoop! Stability, Compatibility and Preservative Efficacy Testing
- Silicon v. Silicone - What's the difference?
- Does Supergoop! use alcohol in their formulas?
- Are your mineral products considered all-natural?
- Are your products cruelty-free?
- Do you plan on removing BHT from your formulas?
- Which products protect from blue light?
- Are your products oat free?