About 45% of the rays from the sun that reach the earth are Infrared. Infrared rays are what cause the sensation of warmth we feel when exposed to the sun, and they're also emitted by household items such as hair dryers. Infrared radiation contribute to the formation of free radicals but Antioxidants can help counteract this effect. A healthy dose of antioxidants is present in all Supergoop! products.
Can’t find your answer in our support center? Contact us directly.
Articles in this section
- Are your sunscreens breathable?
- When are the sun's rays strongest?
- Do UV rays used during gel manicures cause damage?
- What does ‘The Full Spectrum of Light’ mean?
- What is Blue Light, and what does it do to my skin?
- What are Infrared (IR) rays?
- What are free radicals?
- What are the differences between UVA and UVB rays?
- How does sun affect the skin when traveling in an airplane?
- Is sunlight reflected off sand and snow?