Vitamin C itself does not cause irritation, instead, compounds called furanocoumarins found in ingredients rich in vitamin C are the culprits in triggering photosensitivity and/or photodermatitis. Both our Antioxidant-Infused Sunscreen Mist and Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil contain very, very low levels of furanocoumarins to ensure the lowest risk of irritation. On the flip side, Vitamin C in sunscreen formulas actually helps sunscreens be more effective by scavenging free radicals that get generated by UV rays.
Can’t find your answer in our support center? Contact us directly.
Articles in this section
- Silicon v. Silicone - What's the difference?
- Does Supergoop! use alcohol in their formulas?
- Are your mineral products considered all-natural?
- Are your products cruelty-free?
- Do you plan on removing BHT from your formulas?
- Which products protect from blue light?
- Are your products oat free?
- Are your products fragrance-free?
- Do you use alumina in your formulas?
- Do you use propylene glycol in your formulas?